All bids are subject to these terms and conditions and are legally binding
These conditions apply to each lot but are in addition to any conditions specific to individual lots and included within the description of each lot.
Unless specified, shipping of items, travel, accommodation and other incidental expenses are not included in any lot. Any purchased item will be made available for collection from Omega Auctions Head Office at Sankey Valley Industrial Estate, Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside, WA12 8DN no more than 30 days after the date of the sale or as soon as Government regulations allow our premises to be open therafter. We may be able to ship most items, however the shipping cost is to be met by the buyer. If shipping is applicable, we will endeavour to ship items within 30 days of receiving payment.
Pre-bidding is available once a lot has been listed. Bidding will close from 6.00pm on Thursday 21st May. Each lot will close in succession, with a commentary on the bidding by a celebrity auctioneer. All bids are legally binding.
1. By bidding for any lot you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The auction is open to individuals 18 or over.
3. When you place a bid you enter a contractually binding and irrevocable obligation with the donor of the lot to complete the transaction if you are the winning bidder of that lot. The 'winning bidder' is the person who has placed the highest bid when the auction closes on 21st May.
4. You are not able to retract any bid under any circumstances after it has been submitted.
5. Before you place any bid you must ensure that you are able to bid for and to buy that particular lot in compliance with the law and in accordance with these applicable terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of all bidders to ensure that, if theirs is the winning bid, they meet any qualification required to be the winner of any particular lot, that they have the necessary permissions/authorisations and meet the conditions required to carry out the activity specified in the bid, including (by way of example, not limitation) appropriate identification, clean driving license, minimum age qualification, security clearance, and so on.
6. All lots are sold "as is". Omega Auctions, Island Records nor the donor accepts liability for any authenticity issues (except where the lot offered is a work that has been created by the donor) or mis-description of lots offered. Written descriptions are the opinions of Omega Auctions only and should not be construed as any guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, condition or value.
7. Except insofar as any expense or cost is expressly included in the description of the lot as being provided to the winning bidder as part of the lot, the winner is responsible for making all arrangements and meeting all costs out of their own pocket that may be necessary to take up and enjoy their lot including, but not limited to the costs of shipping the item, any import or export costs if the item is to be removed from the UK, costs of travel, accommodation, food and other incidentals, the costs of providing a venue for those lots where a lecture or talk is being provided for the winning bidder, travel insurance, medical checks and/or innoculations and obtaining any other necessary documentation including passports and visas.
8. Lots which are experiences rather than physical property will lapse, and not be claimable, unless they have been fully taken by the end of 31st December 2021, unless otherwise stated or unless agreed directly with the donor of that lot. No cash alternative will be offered and Omega Auctions accepts no liability should a lot, for any reason whatsoever, not have been taken within this time period.
9. Payment by winning bidders should be made by bank transfer within 48 hours of the close of the auction. Winning bidders will be sent an invoice by email confirming the hammer price to be paid for the lot and the bank details for payment. Subject to the paragraph 7 above, no other amount will be payable other than the hammer price.
10. Once payment has been received by Omega Auctions, an email will be sent to the winning bidder setting out the details for claiming their lot, whether it be collection of an item from Omega Auctions or further details to enable you to arrange the experience you have purchased. For experience lots, the winning bidders details will be passed Island Records, who will faciliate the arrangements with the donor.
11. It shall be the responsibility of the winning bidder to come to a mutually convenient agreement with the donor specified in the lot as participating or offering the lot over arrangements for the fulfillment of the lot. All aspects of the fulfillment of lots are subject to such agreement being reached over all relevant matters which may include the date such lot is to be made available, the identity of the performance, venue or event to be attended, and subject to all general and specific conditions which apply to each lot.
12. No lot may be transferred by the winning bidder to any other person (as a gift or otherwise) unless specifically agreed by the donor of the lot.
13. To the extent permitted by law, Omega Auctions does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, claim or costs howsoever arising from or incurred wholly or partly by participation in the auction or fulfillment of any lot.